I’m sure this is all irrelevant if you use cocoapods, but I don’t (yet). My approach to installing SSZipArchive was to add it as a git submodule and drag the folder including SSZipArchive.h and minizip into my project, adding it by reference. This caused RestKit compilation to barf, mostly a lot of parse issues in RKURL.h like Expected identifier or '(', which is ridiculous b/c nothing changed in RestKit.

I eventually found my solution at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9398409/adding-minizip-breaks-objective-c/18153812#18153812: change the file type of the minizip .c files to “Objective-C Source.”

Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 3.15.51 PM

Now my project builds and everything works normally. Why this solution works is beyond my extremely limited knowledge of C and Xcode. These files look like C and/or C++, so why does telling Xcode to treat them like Objective-C even work?

I have a bunch of iOS apps that use the same Google API identity with different client IDs for sign-in through Google. I just made another one but kept running into this problem where auth would work, but when the browser redirect occurred, I’d get a message reading “Cannot Open Page: Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.”

Photo Sep 18, 9 15 00 PM

That didn’t seem right b/c it was redirecting to an internal URL based on the bundle ID I specified when generating the client ID, and the bundle ID for the app was right.

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 9.12.49 PM

Turned out I was forgetting that you can specify a URL identifier and URL scheme in the *-Info.plist file. Changing that to match the bundle ID fixed the problem… after suffering hours of madness and having my life expectancy shortened by several years.